Here's Part 1 if you missed it!
I threw an Oscar watch party last Sunday and had themed eats to go along with it. My Johnny Dipps and Brad Pitt-a Pizzas were posted on Tuesday, so now it's time for my favourite dish of the night, my Halle Berry Fruit Skewers!
These were simple to make and delicious to eat - plus super healthy!
You can also choose any variety of fruit to skewer. Here is what I chose:
- strawberries (of course! Halle Berry, after all, is this dish's namesake)
- cantaloupe melon
- pineapple (my favourite!)
- green grapes
As for the treat, well, I cooked up 3 or 4 of Chocolate-Covered Katie's single lady pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Then I cut them into quarters and threaded two pieces of cupcake per skewer.
I also finished the skewers off with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate. The perfect treat!
Halle Berry Fruit Skewers
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 skewers):
1 cup pineapple, chopped
1 cup cantaloupe melon, chopped
1/2 cup seedless green grapes
12 strawberries, hulled and washed
3 Chocolate-Covered Katie pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (link above)
2 tbsp dark chocolate chips, melted
1. Take a skewer and thread alternate pieces of fruit and cupcake on each skewer (I usually put two pieces of each type of fruit per skewer).
2. When all skewers are prepared, take a teaspoon and drizzle the melted chocolate quickly in a diagonal pattern over the skewers.
3. Put in the fridge to chill and set the chocolate. Serve!